Roadmap to Understanding Substance Abuse: A Guide for Families and Parents
Developed by Gateway Alcohol & Drug Treatment, Illinois' largest provider of substance abuse treatment, "Roadmap to Understanding Substance Abuse: A Guide for Parents and Families" is a free guide to help families and parents better understand drug and alcohol use in adults and teens.
"Roadmap to Understanding Substance Abuse" contains valuable information such as:
- Learn about the risks associated with alcohol, marijuana and heroin use.
- Discover tips for discussing alcohol and drug use with your children.
- Find out what questions to ask when it comes to drug and alcohol
Click here to download.
File is in PDF format. If you do not have the Adobe Reader you can click here to download it.
- Pill Identifier - Look up and identify what type of pills your child might have in their possession. (You can also search for Pill Identifier aps using your android phone).
- IPASS Account - Review where you child is driving by monitoring activity on toll-way responders (IPASS in IL).
- Text Message Drug Slang Translator - Understand if your child's text messages may relate to drugs or drug use.
- Drug Slang Dictionary - Understand if your child is referring to drugs or drug use in their conversations with friends.