Outpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs
Too often, people who need alcohol or drug rehab don't receive appropriate care because it would mean taking extended time away from their work or family. With the flexibility of Gateway's outpatient drug rehab programs, adults and adolescents can work through drug addiction treatment without putting their lives on hold. Programs are ideal for people with a strong support system, a stable living situation and the internal motivation to change.
What Is Outpatient Rehab?
Outpatient substance abuse treatment programs offer personalized treatment plans that help individuals understand and overcome their addiction. Unlike inpatient programs, outpatient treatment is a flexible option that allows patients to go home at the end of the day.
Find a Gateway Alcohol & Drug Treatment Center Near You
Gateway's substance abuse treatment experts provide counseling and therapy to give individuals the tools and knowledge needed to manage addiction on an ongoing basis. Patients will learn skills such as how to live a balanced lifestyle that is free of drugs or alcohol, and how to improve the quality of their relationships.
Benefits of Outpatient Treatment Centers
Choosing whether to enter an inpatient or outpatient program requires careful thought. While inpatient treatment for drug or alcohol addiction may be preferable for more extreme cases of addiction, outpatient treatment can allow patients to maintain more aspects of their everyday life. There are many benefits of outpatient treatment.
- Flexibility. With outpatient drug treatment, you can get the services you need in a way that fits your schedule. Patients can continue with work or school. This is ideal for those who need to work to help support their family, or for students working toward graduation.
- Access to support. Outpatient substance abuse programs allow individuals to remain in close proximity to their loved ones and support network while receiving the alcohol or drug addiction treatment they need.
- Confidentiality. Outpatient alcohol and drug rehab treatment at Gateway centers is always confidential. It reduces the need for patients to explain extended time away from work or school.
- Affordability. Outpatient treatment is generally less expensive than inpatient programs, but it provides the same high-level of attention and care. Insurance is accepted and generally covers most costs associated with drug addiction treatment.
The Outpatient Treatment Experience
Patients generally engage in multiple counseling sessions per week, over four to six weeks. Gateway's comprehensive approach includes:
- Substance abuse education
- Individual and group counseling
- Medication to reduce or eliminate cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Treatment for underlying mental health concerns (also called dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders)
- Family counseling and education
- Relapse prevention, education and support
- DUI evaluation and education*
We offer educational and individualized programs based on a patient's specific needs.
Mindfulness-based sobriety programs and 12-step facilitation help patients discover their lives without the grips of a substance use disorder. Programs can be tailored to men, women and adolescents seeking treatment.
Gateway is committed to helping patients have sustained recovery and offers comprehensive aftercare programs for post-treatment recovery support.
Finding the Right Outpatient Drug Rehab Near Me
Once you have decided to pursue outpatient treatment, it's important to find a local treatment center that aligns with your needs. First, check to make sure that the treatment center offers outpatient treatment—not all centers do. Then, take a closer look at their background, program offerings, success rates and general philosophy to ensure that it feels like a good fit. Find an expanded list of questions to ask potential treatment centers here.
Gateway aims to provide a safe, secure and positive environment for patients starting the path to recovery in Illinois and Delaware. View Gateway's Outpatient Treatment Locations and Schedules.