Women's Substance Abuse Treatment
Today, more than 4 million women in this country have become addicted to drugs or alcohol. Women of all ages, races and cultures. Women just like your best friend, your wife, your sister, or your daughter.
Many times women often find it difficult to seek help for a substance abuse problem, they put the care of their children or family members first.
At Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment, we understand how difficult the decision can be for a woman to go into treatment, so we have developed treatment options that accommodate and make treatment more accessible to women based on their life style and needs.
Gateway provides several treatment options for women depending on an individual's needs:
- Outpatient Programs - Convenient After-Work schedules, so treatment does not interrupt commitments with work.
- Residential Programs - Includes over-night accommodations when someone needs around the clock support.
- Day Treatment Programs - Provides a full day of treatment, more than an Outpatient Program, but allows individuals to go home at night.
- Aftercare - Continuing support after you leave the treatment environment.
Gateway offers outpatient treatment, day treatment, residential substance abuse treatment and aftercare programs for women. These programs are specifically designed for women (ages 18 and over) to meet their unique biological, psychological, social, and familial needs, which can vary significantly from the needs of men.
Women's Treatment In addition to comprehensive, evidence-based programming for chemical dependency, Gateway's specialized women's treatment program offers:
Therapies and counseling services may vary by location/treatment program and are tailored to specific needs of women.
- Individual and group counseling
- Substance abuse education
- Family education
- Parenting education and counseling
- Child/family friendly visitation space
- Recreation therapy
- Mindfulness groups
- Access to treatment for issues such as domestic violence and sexual abuse
- Relapse prevention
Gateway's treatment programs offer women the ability to receive compassion and care throughout their treatment. Medical and psychiatric treatment is provided by female staff that includes psychiatrists, physicians, as well as qualified nursing staff. Our professional multi-disciplinary team offers a comforting approach to addressing the distinctive biological and psychosocial needs of women who are battling substance abuse issues.
It is common for women to experience symptoms of depression, anxiety, eating disorders, or to engage in self-injurious
behaviors in conjunction with their substance use. Gateway's counseling and medical staff is trained in the specialized treatment of co-occurring
disorders and provides the clinical expertise needed to assist women in the effective management of these issues for lasting recovery.
> Learn more about Gateway's Counseling, Therapy & Education, Evidenced-Based Practices and What to Expect in Treatment.