Teen's Substance Abuse Treatment
Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers specialized treatment teenagers and adolescents need when struggling with substance abuse. We understand the stress of addiction or mental health problems can often be compounded by the pressures of school and peers. Our innovative treatment approach focuses on the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of adolescents.
Gateway provides several treatment options for teens depending on an individual's needs:
- Outpatient Programs - Convenient After-School treatment schedule that does not interrupt school progress.
- Residential Programs - Provides educational services in collaboration with an adolescent's own school district to support uninterrupted academic progress.
- Residential Young Men's Bridge Program - A unique program that provides a treatment environment for young men ages 18-23.
- Aftercare - Continuing support after you leave the treatment environment.
Teen & Adolescent Treatment In addition to comprehensive, evidence-based programming for chemical dependency, Gateway treatment programs for teens
Therapies and counseling services may vary by location /treatment program and are tailored to the specific needs of teenagers.
- Individual and group counseling
- Substance abuse education
- Family education
- Recreation therapy
- Mindfulness groups
- Relapse prevention
- Dual-Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Treatment
We provide several treatment options for teens and adolescents depending on an individual's needs:
At Gateway our approach empowers young people to understand the negative consequences of using alcohol and other drugs. We work closely to help young people learn how to make better decisions, start a program of recovery and sustain sobriety.
SOURCE: Dennis, M.L., Scott, C.K., Funk, R.R., & Foss, M.A. (2005). The duration and correlates of addiction and treatment. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 28, S51-S62